Close Menu
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release
What's Hot

Honoring Kaiama’s Contributions: Isaac Adaka Boro University

August 21, 2026

FAAN: Passenger Safety, Seamless Airport Mobility Remain our Priority

August 21, 2026

US-INL Commends NDLEA’s Operational Successes, Assures of More Support

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • About Us
  • Adverts & Enquiries
  • Contact Us
  • Our Services
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release
Subscribe
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
Home»Migration»FG Denies Kuwait Ban on Nigerian Domestic Workers, Says Recruitment Suspension Initiated by Nigeria
Migration

FG Denies Kuwait Ban on Nigerian Domestic Workers, Says Recruitment Suspension Initiated by Nigeria

TheSightNews .By TheSightNews .August 2, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email WhatsApp
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

By Faith Anisiobi, The Sight News

The Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs has dismissed reports claiming that the Government of Kuwait has imposed a fresh ban on the recruitment of Nigerian domestic workers, describing the reports as inaccurate and misleading.

In a statement issued on Saturday in Abuja, the Ministry’s Spokesperson, Kimiebi Imomotimi Ebienfa, clarified that the recruitment and deployment of Nigerian domestic workers to Kuwait had been suspended several years ago at the instance of the Nigerian Embassy in Kuwait City.

According to the Ministry, the Embassy formally requested the suspension pending the resolution of concerns over the welfare, protection and working conditions of Nigerian domestic workers in the Gulf nation.

It stressed that the current situation does not represent a new restriction by the Kuwaiti authorities but is a continuation of measures initiated by Nigeria to safeguard the safety, dignity and rights of its citizens seeking employment abroad.

The Ministry further stated that Nigeria and Kuwait would continue to engage through diplomatic channels on labour and migration issues to develop a mutually beneficial framework for the recruitment of Nigerian workers.

It noted that ongoing discussions between the relevant authorities of both countries are aimed at ensuring fair recruitment practices, adequate legal protection and decent working conditions for Nigerian workers in Kuwait.

The Ministry also urged Nigerians and media organisations to verify information from official sources before publication to prevent the spread of misleading reports capable of causing unnecessary anxiety among Nigerians living in Kuwait and their families.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Related

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
TheSightNews .
  • Website

Related Posts

Xenophobia: Nigeria Welcomes 83 Returnees from South Africa 

August 21, 2026

FG Demands Urgent Action to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians, Africans in South Africa

August 21, 2026

83 Nigerians to Return from South Africa Amid Afrophobic Attacks

August 18, 2026

FG to Nigeria Diaspora: Your Skills, Resources Critical to National Development

August 17, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Advertisement
Recent Post

Honoring Kaiama’s Contributions: Isaac Adaka Boro University

August 21, 2026

FAAN: Passenger Safety, Seamless Airport Mobility Remain our Priority

August 21, 2026

US-INL Commends NDLEA’s Operational Successes, Assures of More Support

August 21, 2026

Xenophobia: Nigeria Welcomes 83 Returnees from South Africa 

August 21, 2026

Doro Urges Humanitarian Workers to Remain Committed to Serving Vulnerable Nigerians

August 21, 2026
Security

Nigerian Navy Seizes 364 Bags of Smuggled Foreign Rice on Badagry Operation 

August 20, 2026

Nigerian Navy Inducts SSV KALI 3, Strengthens Partnership with SEEPCO to Safeguard Critical Energy Assets

August 20, 2026

Defence Ministry Recommits to Military Veterans Welfare, Pension Concerns

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest information from The Sight News.Stay Connected

About Us
About Us

Your source for factual information. We pride ourselves in publishing objective news always

We're social. Connect with us:

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Services
  • About Us
  • Adverts & Enquiries
  • Contact Us
  • Our Services
Coverage
  • Donate
  • News

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest,Factual news from all over Nigeria and the world at large. With us , you are never misinformed

© 2026 The Sight News.
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.