Close Menu
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release
What's Hot

Honoring Kaiama’s Contributions: Isaac Adaka Boro University

August 21, 2026

FAAN: Passenger Safety, Seamless Airport Mobility Remain our Priority

August 21, 2026

US-INL Commends NDLEA’s Operational Successes, Assures of More Support

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • About Us
  • Adverts & Enquiries
  • Contact Us
  • Our Services
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release
Subscribe
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
Home»Migration»Xenophobia: First Batch of Nigerians to Arrive from South Africa Thursday, Says FG
Migration

Xenophobia: First Batch of Nigerians to Arrive from South Africa Thursday, Says FG

TheSightNews .By TheSightNews .June 10, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email WhatsApp
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

By Faith Anisiobi, The Sight News

The Federal Government has concluded arrangements for the evacuation of Nigerian nationals affected by recent xenophobic attacks in South Africa, with the first batch of returnees expected to arrive in Lagos on Thursday morning.

According to a statement issued on Tuesday by Kimiebi Imomotimi Ebienfa, spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the evacuation flight will depart the Oliver Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg on Wednesday night and is scheduled to arrive at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos at approximately 5:00 a.m. on Thursday.

Ebienfa stated that the evacuation operation would be carried out by Air Peace Airlines and fully funded by the Federal Government, ensuring that all affected Nigerians are repatriated at no cost.

The Ministry further assured the public that adequate arrangements had been put in place to receive and support the returnees upon arrival in Nigeria.

According to the spokesperson, relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) have established reception mechanisms, including documentation and profiling procedures, to facilitate the reintegration of the evacuees.

He added that the returnees would receive the necessary assistance and support before being reunited with their families.

The Ministry reiterated the Federal Government’s commitment to the welfare, safety and protection of Nigerian citizens abroad, particularly in situations that threaten their well-being.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Related

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
TheSightNews .
  • Website

Related Posts

Xenophobia: Nigeria Welcomes 83 Returnees from South Africa 

August 21, 2026

FG Demands Urgent Action to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians, Africans in South Africa

August 21, 2026

83 Nigerians to Return from South Africa Amid Afrophobic Attacks

August 18, 2026

FG to Nigeria Diaspora: Your Skills, Resources Critical to National Development

August 17, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Advertisement
Recent Post

Honoring Kaiama’s Contributions: Isaac Adaka Boro University

August 21, 2026

FAAN: Passenger Safety, Seamless Airport Mobility Remain our Priority

August 21, 2026

US-INL Commends NDLEA’s Operational Successes, Assures of More Support

August 21, 2026

Xenophobia: Nigeria Welcomes 83 Returnees from South Africa 

August 21, 2026

Doro Urges Humanitarian Workers to Remain Committed to Serving Vulnerable Nigerians

August 21, 2026
Security

Nigerian Navy Seizes 364 Bags of Smuggled Foreign Rice on Badagry Operation 

August 20, 2026

Nigerian Navy Inducts SSV KALI 3, Strengthens Partnership with SEEPCO to Safeguard Critical Energy Assets

August 20, 2026

Defence Ministry Recommits to Military Veterans Welfare, Pension Concerns

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest information from The Sight News.Stay Connected

About Us
About Us

Your source for factual information. We pride ourselves in publishing objective news always

We're social. Connect with us:

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Services
  • About Us
  • Adverts & Enquiries
  • Contact Us
  • Our Services
Coverage
  • Donate
  • News

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest,Factual news from all over Nigeria and the world at large. With us , you are never misinformed

© 2026 The Sight News.
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.