Close Menu
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release
What's Hot

FG Declares Tuesday Public Holiday to Mark Eid-el-Mawlid

August 21, 2026

Nigeria Strikes Double Win At Africa’s Education Assessment Summit As NECO Boss Becomes AEAA Vice-President

August 21, 2026

Honoring Kaiama’s Contributions: Isaac Adaka Boro University

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • About Us
  • Adverts & Enquiries
  • Contact Us
  • Our Services
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release
Subscribe
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
Home»Education»Strike: LAUTECH ASUU Dares Makinde Over Subvention Threat
Education

Strike: LAUTECH ASUU Dares Makinde Over Subvention Threat

TheSightNews .By TheSightNews .June 9, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email WhatsApp
Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) chapter Wednesday, dared Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, saying that despite his threats over subvention, the strike action would continue.

ASUU warned that any branch that breaks the strike would lose out from the benefits of the struggle, including infrastructure development.

It added that her members had resolved to forge ahead with the strike and pursue it to a logical conclusion which “is imminent”.

ASUU Chairman and Secretary, Prof Biodun Olaniran and Toyin Abegunrin, respectively after their congress, reacted to the threat by the state governor, Seyi Makinde, to stop payment of subvention until lecturers returned to classroom.

The Union said the government should not see itself or students as targets of the strike but as beneficiaries of ASUU strike as the intervention of most state governments in terms of subvention has been used as part-payment of salaries.

According to ASUU, the Union was shocked to hear from the Commissioner of Education during his appearance at Fresh FM that the state had been paying LAUTECH 100 percent subvention when the university administration revealed to the Union that only 55 percent subvention comes from government and the balance of 45 percent is sought by the university through Internally Generated Revenue (IGR)

The ASUU leaders stated that the Commissioner’s claim on subvention had created further distrust between the management and the Unions as to who is telling the truth and who is not.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Related

ASUU Strike Governor Seyi Makinde LAUTECH
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
TheSightNews .
  • Website

Related Posts

Nigeria Strikes Double Win At Africa’s Education Assessment Summit As NECO Boss Becomes AEAA Vice-President

August 21, 2026

FG: TETFund Investment to Unlock North Central’s Agricultural, Mineral Potential

August 21, 2026

Tinubu Unlocks EFCC Recovered Funds, Dormant Accounts to Boost Student Loans, NELFUND Says

August 21, 2026

Alausa Commences Repositioning Of MBTE With KPMG-Led Restructuring To Boost Technical, Vocational Education

August 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Advertisement
Recent Post

FG Declares Tuesday Public Holiday to Mark Eid-el-Mawlid

August 21, 2026

Nigeria Strikes Double Win At Africa’s Education Assessment Summit As NECO Boss Becomes AEAA Vice-President

August 21, 2026

Honoring Kaiama’s Contributions: Isaac Adaka Boro University

August 21, 2026

FAAN: Passenger Safety, Seamless Airport Mobility Remain our Priority

August 21, 2026

US-INL Commends NDLEA’s Operational Successes, Assures of More Support

August 21, 2026
Security

Nigerian Navy Seizes 364 Bags of Smuggled Foreign Rice on Badagry Operation 

August 20, 2026

Nigerian Navy Inducts SSV KALI 3, Strengthens Partnership with SEEPCO to Safeguard Critical Energy Assets

August 20, 2026

Defence Ministry Recommits to Military Veterans Welfare, Pension Concerns

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest information from The Sight News.Stay Connected

About Us
About Us

Your source for factual information. We pride ourselves in publishing objective news always

We're social. Connect with us:

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Services
  • About Us
  • Adverts & Enquiries
  • Contact Us
  • Our Services
Coverage
  • Donate
  • News

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest,Factual news from all over Nigeria and the world at large. With us , you are never misinformed

© 2026 The Sight News.
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.