Close Menu
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release
What's Hot

FG Declares Tuesday Public Holiday to Mark Eid-el-Mawlid

August 21, 2026

Nigeria Strikes Double Win At Africa’s Education Assessment Summit As NECO Boss Becomes AEAA Vice-President

August 21, 2026

Honoring Kaiama’s Contributions: Isaac Adaka Boro University

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • About Us
  • Adverts & Enquiries
  • Contact Us
  • Our Services
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release
Subscribe
TheSightNewsTheSightNews
Home»Security»NAF to Provide Aerial Security for Trains Until Monitoring Solution is Implemented, Says Minister
Security

NAF to Provide Aerial Security for Trains Until Monitoring Solution is Implemented, Says Minister

TheSightNews .By TheSightNews .March 31, 2022No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email WhatsApp
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai with the Minister of Transportation, Hon Chibuike Amaechi
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

In a bid to prevent recurrence of the Monday night attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train, the Minister of Transportation, Hon. Chibuike Amaechi, has said that the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) will henceforth provide aerial security for the trains when commercial activities resume. 

Amaechi noted that the NAF was initially escorting the trains but had to stop recently due to bad weather which has led to drop in visibility to below 500 meters, making it impossible to fly.

The Minister who said this on Wednesday when he visited victims of the attack in 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital,  Kaduna, noted that the NAF will have to escort the trains pending when the integrated security surveillance and monitoring solution for the rail line is implemented as ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to him, “I will speak with the president. He is already giving directives, and I am sure by the time we finish the repair of the rail tracks, we would have gotten approval for the security equipment and we would possibly have installed. But even if we did not install yet, we have spoken with the management of the Nigerian Air Force to escort the trains. 

“They were previously escorting the trains but recently, the weather has been very bad and visibility dropped to below 500 meters so they couldn’t fly. So they’ve not being flying, that was why the attack was successful”, he said.

Furthermore, he noted that President Muhammadu Buhari has approved that people who will be walking on the rail tracks for the next six to seven months be employed, until the security equipment are installed. 

“We intend to employ villagers on the corridor, so that they can report any suspicious movements to us and the security. If the Ministry of finance releases the funds, then we can know the number of those to employ. But we will involve the DSS in screening the people we will employ”, he said.

 On repairs of the damaged track, he said, “We will commence work immediately and the military has promised us security as we work. It is less than 2kilometers of rail tracks, we will complete the work as soon as possible”.

He expressed gratitude to the Nigerian Army for treating the victims free of charge and for giving them maximum medical care, adding that only seven patients are left as the rest have been discharged.

For his part, the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai said Nigeria has enough intelligence to take action, noting that the Air Force undertakes enough Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), while the State Security Service (SSS) has informants all over the place. 

“We know what they are planning, we get the reports; the problem is for the agencies to take action. Don’t wait until they attack before they respond. The Army should go after their enclave to wipe them. Let the Air Force bomb them. 

“Before, they were categorised as bandits and if you bomb them, you will have issues with human rights organisations and international criminal courts and so on, but now they have been declared terrorist by the courts, they can be legally killed without any consequences to international human rights organisations. 

“We know where their camps are, we know where they are, the SSS have their phone numbers, they listen to them, and they give me the report. We know what they are planning. We shouldn’t be waiting for them to attack, why can’t we go after them?

“We are in a state of war, this place should be declared a war zone. The Army,  the Air Force,  the Police should go in there and kill them. Will there be innocent casualties? Yes! In every war situation,  there are casualties”, he said. 

He further said that they have written to the Nigerian Railways Corporation twice to stop the evening service, noting that the last train from Kaduna to Abuja should leave by 4pm so that it will get to Abuja in daylight. 

“If anything is to happen, the response time will be quick, maybe in 30 minutes response time. When something happens, the response time will be faster in the day time. We were lucky the military response was just within an hour because it was dead in the night”, he said.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Related

Chibuike Amaechi Nasir El-Rufai President Muhammadu Buhari Security Train Attack
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
TheSightNews .
  • Website

Related Posts

Nigerian Navy Seizes 364 Bags of Smuggled Foreign Rice on Badagry Operation 

August 20, 2026

Nigerian Navy Inducts SSV KALI 3, Strengthens Partnership with SEEPCO to Safeguard Critical Energy Assets

August 20, 2026

Defence Ministry Recommits to Military Veterans Welfare, Pension Concerns

August 19, 2026

Nigerian Navy Disrupts Three Illegal Refining Sites, Seizes 85,000 Litres of Suspected Illegally Refined AGO in Rivers State

August 18, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Advertisement
Recent Post

FG Declares Tuesday Public Holiday to Mark Eid-el-Mawlid

August 21, 2026

Nigeria Strikes Double Win At Africa’s Education Assessment Summit As NECO Boss Becomes AEAA Vice-President

August 21, 2026

Honoring Kaiama’s Contributions: Isaac Adaka Boro University

August 21, 2026

FAAN: Passenger Safety, Seamless Airport Mobility Remain our Priority

August 21, 2026

US-INL Commends NDLEA’s Operational Successes, Assures of More Support

August 21, 2026
Security

Nigerian Navy Seizes 364 Bags of Smuggled Foreign Rice on Badagry Operation 

August 20, 2026

Nigerian Navy Inducts SSV KALI 3, Strengthens Partnership with SEEPCO to Safeguard Critical Energy Assets

August 20, 2026

Defence Ministry Recommits to Military Veterans Welfare, Pension Concerns

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest information from The Sight News.Stay Connected

About Us
About Us

Your source for factual information. We pride ourselves in publishing objective news always

We're social. Connect with us:

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Services
  • About Us
  • Adverts & Enquiries
  • Contact Us
  • Our Services
Coverage
  • Donate
  • News

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest,Factual news from all over Nigeria and the world at large. With us , you are never misinformed

© 2026 The Sight News.
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Interviews
    • Press Release

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.