The Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN), has cleared the air over a purported fire incident today at the head office building, saying that the reports are false.
The Ag. Director, Corporate Communications, Isaac Okorafor who said this in a statement, Tuesday evening, noted that the smoke emanated from the generator house.
According to Okorafor, “Passersby who saw a pall of exhaust from the generator house far away from the building apparently mistook the exhaust for fire smoke.
“The CBN maintains a total security system that triggers safety alarms in the presence of smoke and so all fire engines and personnel received the alert only to discover that it was an unusual pall of exhaust.
“The affected generator has been rested and normal work has been uninterrupted, while the engineers are working to rectify the issues with the generator” he clarified.
He assured the general public that there has been no fire at the CBN Head office building.