Ghana’s Railway Minister Joe Ghartey, Mohammed, Named Overall Best Ministers

Ghana’s Minister for Railways Development, Joe Ghartey and Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed Awal, Business Development Minister have been named the best performing ministers under the Akufo-Addo government in 2019, according to report by FAKS Investigative Services.

The report indicated that out of the 5,023 feedbacks received during the impact assessment, 4,638 named the two ministers as the best representing 92.34% of the score.

According to the investigative service, they arrived at the conclusion at the end of their annual survey on the performance of Ministers, Deputy Ministers, and Regional Ministers.

The survey which took place between the months of October and December 2019 focused on project initiatives, the execution of projects and the impacts the project has or it is going to have on Ghanaians as a whole once completed.

In addition, it also looked at the sector leaders going the extra mile to improve on their mandates in the year under review.

The 2019 survey was the 8th Edition since FAKS started assessing the performance of Ministers, Deputies, Regional Ministers, MPs and others.

At the end of the survey, Railways Development Minister Joe Ghartey emerged as the best Minister for 2019, with Business Development Minister following closely in the second position.
The top ten Ministers for the year have the likes of the Transport Minister, the Trade Minister, and the Education Minister.

About the survey

Respondents for the survey were traditional rulers, commercial drivers, Journalists, students, petty traders, business owners, civil society organizations (CSOs), market women, academia, and others. Scoring was influenced by the project initiatives, the project execution, and its impacts on Ghanaians currently and in the future.

About 73% of the respondents were between the ages of 18 and 50 while the remaining 27% were between the ages of 51 and 70.

Meanwhile, out the 5,023 feedbacks received during the impacts assessment, 2,545 of the respondents, representing 50.67% were females while the remaining 2,478 representing 49.33% were males.

Concerning the Regional Ministers, the team did not include the newly appointed six (6) Regional Ministers. The ranking was between 65% and 100%.
FAKS Investigative Services is a Ghanaian research and investigative firm.

BEST 10 MINISTERS, 2019

1st – Joe Ghartey- Railways Development Minister—Respondents: 4,638, Mark: 92.34%

1st- Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed Awal – Business Development Minister—Respondents: 4,638; Mark: 92.34%

2nd – Ofori Asiamah–Transport Minister—Respondents: 4,391; Mark: 87.42%
3rd – Alan Kyeremanteng – Trade Minister—Respondents: 4,309; Mark: 85.78%

4th -Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh – Education Minister; Respondents: 4,278; Mark: 85.18%

5th –Dr. Mustapha Abdul – Hamid- Inner City and Zongo Dev. Minister—Respondents: 3,829; Mark: 78.23%

6th – Dan Kwaku Botwe – Regional Re-organizations and Dev. Minister—Respondents: 3,578; Mark: 71.23%

7th – Dr. Owusu Afriyie Akoto- Agric Minister—Respondents: 3,532; Mark: 70.31%

8th – Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey – Foreign Affairs Minister—Respondents: 3,451; Mark: 68.71%

9th – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah – Information Minister—Respondents: 3,375; Mark: 67.20%

10th – Kwaku Agyeman Manu- Health Minister—Respondents: 3,280; Mark: 65.30%

 

Source: modernghana.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *